Corridor des Arts Open Studio Tour is a biannual day event dedicated to working artists and the venues that showcase their work in the communities of Arnaudville, Cecilia, Grand Coteau and Sunset.
Patrons are invited to enjoy a wonderful day exploring artist studios at their own pace as well as a limited number of participating artists' work in a wide range of media including painting, photography, sculpture, mixed media, fiber arts, ceramics, jewelry, wood, glass, metal, video, new media, printed word and performance art..
Conveniently located between Interstates 10 and 49, there are ample opportunites to take advantage of no tax shopping for original art in one of several official Louisiana Cultural Districts, dine in locally owned restaurants, stay overnight in unique accomodations and speak French with one of the many locals.
Corridor des Arts is a grassroots multi-community initiative incubated by the NuNu Arts & Culture Collective dedicated to the cultural enrichment of the state of Louisiana and is linked to the Louisiana Cultural District Program. Our objectives include the following:
- serves to connect cultural hubs of activity
- cultivates the presentation of new works by emerging fine and craft artists in area businesses
- focuses on sustainable practices including social, economic, biophysical and cultural
- works to maintain and improve the area’s quality of life
- promotes and fosters economic development
- advocates individual exposure and diversity in channels of distribution
- maintains strong support for existing industries and stakeholders in each community
- encourages the development of artistic talents, skills, knowledge and business savvy
- cooperates and networks with like-minded artists, art enthusiasts and related businesses
- provides activities/opportunities that help assure the preservation of local French language
April 20, 2013 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Spring - Open Studio Tour
Free and open to the public, this tour offers a unique opportunity to explore creative spaces along the back roads of rural Acadiana while enjoying one of the most exciting aspects of contemporary art—the chance to discuss art with the artists themselves.
Click on the Town name for a list of venues and artists.